Sunday, November 15, 2009

I have fallen in love

with mountain biking.

I don't have pictures of how beautiful it was out on the trails. But I will soon, and I will post them, so that you will know how much it was worth it. I have always loved biking, but have mostly stuck to roads, and nice trails. These trails were very different and AWESOME! About 25 small boulders imbedded into the ground on this narrow trail with trees surrounding you. Lets try and ride through it really fast on two wheels with out falling!! Yes! Sounds like a good idea to me. Too bad I fell. But it was worth it; the adrenalin, the beautiful forest floor covered in leaves, the challenge, and the pleasure knowing there are not many people who are stupid and brave enough to try this!

Surprisingly my first stitches. I got five of them, and even watched in fascination as the doctor sewed me up!

This is about 3 hours after the fall, all stitched up (with my renewed tetanus shot on the shoulder).
This is today, I'd say it healing up quite nicely! My injured arm is only about twice as fat as my healthy useable arm, all red and hot to the touch. No big deal. We are good to go!

7 comments:

corrie said...

Oh Becky... it looks like your house is turning in to the House of Recovery.

Please, please, please wear knee and elbow pads when you go mountain biking in the future. Please?

beckster said...

Yeah, I don't know about that dear Corrie! But least I won't be doing it for a while! ha ha

pamero said...

Ooh, nice one, bec! That's a scar you'll be proud of, huh?

Terry's Girl said...

Ouch....!
Good One Becky...! That will make a nice trophy scar for sure.

Damero said...

See you and your scar in a few days!

beckster said...

Well I don't think it will be a scar yet Donald, still in wound stage. But I'm working on it!

Mom said...

Hey Bec. How is your arm doing? I have been praying for healing for you since I saw the pics . Your Dad saw them first. He called me: Hey, Pat come and SEE THIS!!
He just shook his head. Nice work Bec.!!