Wednesday, August 23, 2006
to change or not to change?
The tortures day of school have already begun. Yesterday I opened a letter telling me I had a timetable conflict, and had to call to book an appointment to fix it. The same thing happened last year, except last year I felt a lot different about it. It's weird to remember those feelings, especially when the same thing is happening to me a year later and I feel so different about it. Last year I was excited, a little scarred, worried and made Kim come with me because I didn't know my way around the school, or who I was supposed to talk to. This year I am frustrated that they are wasting me time, mad that they couldn't fix it themselves, which means I will probably have to drop a course like last year, and I am inconveniently stopping there by myself on the way to work. It's weird how much your life changes in only a year, I can never decide if I like change or not. Sometimes I think it’s exciting and sometime I just want things to say the same forever. Like if we were ever to move, yeah it would be exciting, I could choose my own room, instead of being placed in it when I was an infant and had no choice in the matter. I could decorate it so it didn't look like a 10 year olds room. I might have to go to a new school, I would get to meet new people, and we would get rid of so much junk I wouldn’t know what to do with it. It seems exciting, but I would get tired of it, it wouldn't be home, it wouldn't be comfortable, it wouldn’t be my stupid ten year old room, it wouldn't be our junk filled house, it wouldn't be my birth place... It wouldn't be 22 Chesham Cove. It would never really be home, no matter how long we lived there. Even thinking about it makes me a little sad. And yet excited. Some of my friends think it’s weird that I have never moved, I think it's weird that they have moved so many times and have adapted to it so quickly, making the house they are in their home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
..."frustrated cause they're wasting me time.."
Um..are you so frustrated, you're irish?! :P
Hey bec, I think it's cool to watch you change, even if it doesn't feel so great for you right now. I like seeing you get older and more grown up...even if it has seemed like you have been that way your whole life and besides when I miss little-four-year-old-crawl-up-on-my-lap-and-cuddle-bec I always seem to have a dream about you being little again and I can cuddle you there as much as I want. :)
haha, corrie was making fun of me for that today too! you guys suck!
Post a Comment