Saturday, August 12, 2006
Birthday Road Trip!
My three sisters and my favourite brother-in-law went on a short road trip this past week to visit our Grandparents in Penticton BC. We left Winnipeg Saturday night and drove 26 hours straight though to Penticton, with a short birthday breakfast with our Aunt and Uncle in Calgary. Since it was only a four day visit we had to cram the day with fun exciting adventures. There were quite a few things we did so my three favourite were (1) Renting bikes and riding up the mountain along the old train tracks. (2) Mini-golfing (which I won by the way! woohoo!!) and (3) Going out for supper at a super cool place in Summerland which I completely forget the name of, but it was delicious. Then we left Friday morning at about 9:30 in order to make it to the IKEA in Calgary before it closed, and stopped there for about an hour and then drove straight thought the night back home. We got home around 1:30 or 2:00 and then Pam, Corrie and I went to see Over the Hedge at 3:30. So overall it was an awesome road trip and a great visit with my grandparents, and a wonderful Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
my three favourite things:
1. The Stone House for supper. Yum and Beautiful.
2. The bike ride.
3. Floating down the channel.
But I also liked just being in the car (when I wasn't on the hump) and laughing at all the crazy things we came up with and singing Numa Numa. A succesful trip, I'd say! : )
My Favorite 3 Things:
1. Definately mini golf,
even though I did let becky win...
2. Showing G&G our adventures from the day right from the video camera
3. Don's non-stopping-almost-fatal hiccoughs. Now THAT was funny.
Yes Corrie, I agree.
A glorious road trip-apart from time on the hump.
Oh man I had forgotten about those hiccoughs. That was a great time!
Post a Comment