Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bad day?

This was yesterday. But it wasn't really. I just felt off the whole day.

One of my friends came home from Italy after ten months of being away on Saturday night. So Yesterday I went to her house to have some long awaited hang out time. I decided to take my motorcycle there since it was not raining. As I was driving there I realized I had forgotten my phone. No big deal I didn't need it. So I parked my bike on her driveway and went up to her door. I rang the doorbell and knocked on the door (their door is always locked). But there was no answer. I figured she was in her room in the basement and couldn't hear anything. I didn't know what else to do other than go home and get my phone so I could call or text her.

What did people do before phones??

So I got back on my bike and kicked up the kickstand, and somehow...it started to fall. I caught it at about a 45 degree angle. I just could not pick it up though. I tried. Oh, I tried. I pushed with all my strength, but it would not stand up. I decided maybe with both legs on one side I could push it up. So I got off, but in getting off it fell a little more. I just could not get it up. So I lied it down making sure the turning lights and such were okay, and wouldn't break off. I didn't know what to do! I took off my helmet, my backpack, threw my sunglasses and the key in the grass. I was so exhausted I was shaking. I rang the doorbell a few more times, and banged on the door. Nothing. I just lost it. I did not know what to do! I just sat defeated on her front steps for a minute and started to cry. Walk home? Ask a neighbour? I decided to try her back door. After finally getting through her fence I tried the back door. It was open! I was expecting her to be downstairs still, but I walked right into her and another friend of mine right in the kitchen. Tears of frustration and failure still running down my face. They looked at me like they didn't know what to do.

They helped me pick it up, and all was fine. Afterwards they were still so surprised by seeing me crying! One has known me since kindergarten, the other from grade 2, and neither of them have ever seen me cry. I'm not a huge public crier, obviously.

It just kind of hit me off guard. It was an off day.

I'm looking forward to my middle of the week weekend tomorrow and Thursday. No work. No church. All Tom.

1 comment:

pamero said...

Darn our smallish girl muscles! I'm glad it was all good in the end...have a good mid week weekend!