Monday, November 06, 2006

Jeremiah

I name my blog this because as I type I listen to the words Sarah Groves wrote about Jeremiah... Jeremiah tell me about the fire that burns up in your bones...Other than that it has no significance to this blog, it's just my favorite Sara Groves song. Perhaps another day I will go in to greater detail.

My dad was sick yesterday. I've only seen him bed ridden only two other times, once when I was about eight or nine, he had some virus or bug that caused him to be sick enough to go to the doctor. They did a few tests on him and didn't know what he had, so therefore couldn't even help him (sorry if I'm not quite accurate Pam and Cor, I don't really remember it that well). And the other time was when he went out on his bike, it was raining and there were train tracks, need I say more. All of you who are reading this probably know what happened anyway. He fell, he broke his collar bone. Some good hearted soul stopped to see if he wanted a ride to a hospital but obviously my dad, Bob Van Aertselaer was way to stubborn to accept a ride to the hospital, so he proceeded to climb back onto his bike and ride to the hospital. So later that night when I came home he was in bed, trying to move as little as possible since all they can do for a broken collar bone is give you a sling, which wouldn't really help if you were lying down. So yesterday he left church early and came home and pretty much just lied there all day trying not to throw up. It was weird. It kind of freaks me out when I think of how healthy he is for his age compared to others, other than his knees I'm sure he could get up tomorrow and run a marathon. When he retried he told me over the past 35 years (give or take) at Hydro he had only had something like 14 sick days, like how ridiculous is that?!? I think over the past 2 years at school I've had more sick days than that! And just today as he was leaving to go teach at Red River he realized that over the last three years of classes he's never missed one either! I don't know how he stays so healthy, it’s not like he's one of those super sanitized people, like he washes his hands before he eats and everything, but that’s about it.

Now that I come to think of it I should have called this blog sick dad, or something more suiting like that. But that’s just so boring and predictable, when you started reading I bet you didn't think I was going to be talking about my dad the whole time did you! Haha well I tricked you!

6 comments:

Linda said...

It is hard for me to imagine your dad sick too. Make sure you wash your hands A LOT otherwise you might get it too.

keener said...

oh, did you get me beck!

pamero said...

oh, ho, ho! You tricky trickerson!
Maybe it's because Dad *isn't* one of those super sanatized people that he never gets sick. I once read an article about how way more north american kids have asthsma than russian street kids because the N.A. ones are too clean. But i bet a lot more of the N.A. ones are also still alive and lice-free. So I guess there's benefits to both sides?

corrie said...

Kay, pamero, but what about comparing the NA street kids to the russian street kids? I bet your amazing article didn't mention that, did it?

I think the worst thing about that flu bug that I had and p+c+d had was that it left me completely with no will to do anything. Even today I feel like just lying around and staring at the wall.

pamero said...

What the heck?! Do you have some vendetta(ooh that's a pretty name) out for me cornelia!?!? It's like every blog I go to there is some comment about me FROM YOU! And let's just say they aren't all nice! As for the S.K.'s, I don't remember, ask my dad. He's the one who showed it to me. So there. Pamero sticks her tongue out at cornelia.

ccap said...

Re: Corrie's comment. The laying around, are you sure the bug's to blame for that? He, he.