Thursday, June 29, 2006
Oh, Mr. Darcy
I watched the first half of the original Pride and Prejudice tonight for the first time. It was great, though I must say I was pretty restless after two and a half hours of the same movie. At first I was planning to watch both halfs tonight but I decided aginst it becuase I want to properly enjoy the greatness of it. It is odd to think that a few years ago I would hate when Pam and Cor would watch movies like Pride and Prejudice becuase I couldn't watch it with them since I hated them so much. Some times I am almost glad to grow up so I can enjoy different things, but at the same time not being able to enjoy the old things is a little bit sad. Corrie once told me that when she was younger she used to wonder what she would look like when she grew up, but she always just looked like herself. Me, being my stupidly wierd self, started thinking about this; you could just not look in a mirror for five or ten years, and in that time you would have grown up a quite a bit and it would be fun to see how you have changed. But that wouldn't be the same. I guess no one will really know what they look like when they "grow up" since you really are gowing up your whole life, until you die, so you couldn't really ever know what you are going to look like when you are "grown up" because you wouldnt konw when you would die. Sometimes I wonder why life is so confusing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, Mr.Darcy, I love you.
And I love you too bec.
But not quite as much as Mr.Darcy.
I love Don even more than Darcy.
I felt the same way about the Sound of Music....... Growing up I never wanted to watch it. Then I moved to Winnipeg and rented the upstairs level of J&J's new house and they watched the movie one night and I liked it! Now we have it on DVD
I love you too Pam, but no as much as Mr. Darcy or Don! haha
Post a Comment