Monday, May 10, 2010

goodbye eyebrow ring

Warning: This post contains some grossness.

I got my eyebrow pierced for my 16th birthday. My stupid body decided it didn't like it and rejected it, aka pushed it out of the skin. So I left it in for my 17th birthday and took it out that night. A year later when I was 18 and could get it done without the consent of my parents I got it re-pierced behind the scar tissue, where I was told it would not come out again. Well it didn't migrate out. But it sure did get infected! Plus the old hole kind of reopened and got infected as well. The last month I have been struggling with it to keep it clean and let it heal. But it just would not get any better. I took it out tonight to give it a good clean, but after all of this I couldn't get it back in. I tried, then it started bleeding, I had a little cry and said goodbye. And I promise myself (and my parents) I will not get it re-pierced. Or the other eyebrow. I loved it a lot. But it just didn't love me back.

So goodbye eyebrow ring.
You will be missed.
Please don't leave an ugly scar.

2 comments:

corrie said...

I think if you send it good lovin' vibes it won't scar. Isn't that how it works?

pamero said...

Ooooh, yeah. Or pick up some of that miracle bio oil, or whatever it's called, that stuff that helps scars disappear. That should help as much as your good lovin'.