Arrives the first year of my life where I don't have a costume. Not even something stupid. Nothing. Nil. Squat. Nope. It's sad. For a while I was known for my creative home made costumes. It started with my sisters making them from a heart with lights (okay, so my dad had something to do with the hook up of a battery!) and a die, dragons, Mr. Tumnus. Then I got a little more creative and hands on in the projects making a slurpee costume, a volcano (with glowing lava), larry the cucumber, (the pirate who didn't do anything), a bag of dehydrated astronaut ice cream and a half cowboy-half cowgirl. The only costume I ever bought was in grade 2, I was Simba. Oh how I loved that costume. I even still have it! I have also been a cheerleader (hand me down, but yes bought), a ballerina, Pippy Long Stockings (my dad had a hand in making those braids stick out too!), a gypsy and even a bicycle spoke (more of a dare than anything!). It has been a good 19 years. and I'm sure I'm missing a few costumes as well. Thank you everyone for helping me make them over the years. And I promise, next year when I am back at home I will continue my tradition!
And trust me; the better the costume the better the hand out of candy! So parents, keep that in mind, and use it in whichever way you wish.
Oh, and Happy Halloween!
2 comments:
I think my favourite was Mr. Tumnus. He was so good. I liked your little goatee.
I am very happy and proud to say that my kids were a couple super happy recipients of Larry the cucumber (so funny watching Daniel try to make it up and down stairs) and the still popular slurpee, which we still have and was responsible for best costume in the whole junior high when Tayler was in grade 8...Slupee has been touched up and had a bendy staw made to replace old one but it will rise again next year.thank you so much Becky, I wish we had half your talent and imagination.
maybe a montage of halloween pasts is in order!?
Post a Comment