Monday, May 05, 2008

Where I would like to be

I get up off my towel. My hair and baithing suit is still wet from swimming. I can kind of smell the lakewater in my hair, and the dirt and sweat on my skin. I walk through the sand and it sticks to my wet feet. I put on a tank top and my wet bikini slowly soaks through. Brushing the hair out of my eyes I start walking toward my cabin. My Skin is not burnt, but hurts from being in the sun too much. I walk over the sand/rock path and onto the grass. I try and wipe as much sand off my feet as possible on the grass so I won't have to wash them before going inside. I walk up the steps, they're hot from the sun. I open the screen door, and make sure it doesn't slam behind me. It is dark inside compaired to the brilliant sun outside, I have to squint to see. I press play ont he CD player and David Gray comes on, "Please forgive me if I act a little strange..." I walk to fridge where I find some pink grapefruit pop. I pour myself some of this. I am the only one in the cottage, everyone else is at the beach, and I secrely love being there by myself. I walk to the window and look at everyone else still on the beach. I make myself a delicious summer sandwich. With my drink and my sandwich I walk back down to the beach where I lie back down in the sun and enjoy my little lunch.

3 comments:

ccap said...

Well now that was just MEAN (says the girl who had her SPACE HEATER on at work today).

pamero said...

Hey Bec,
Can you make me a sandwich while your up at the cottage?

corrie said...

sigh... will summer ever get here?

Thanks for giving me a taste of perfection : )