Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stretched

Today I feel like Bilbo when he had possession of the ring for too long.

"I feel...thin. Sort of stretched, like...butter scrapped over too much bread."
~Bilbo Baggins

People keep saying they will help me if I just ask! I'm not sure if it's that I don't like asking for help; I feel like I should be able to do it on my own if I just put my mind to it and stay organized and on top of things. But I keep convincing myself theres not really much I can get people to do. I am kind of the one who has to be doing it all. Either way it is a curse. I wish there were two of me at the moment. I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be better though, because I'm also pretty sure I'm just a winey complainer.

5 comments:

Terry's Girl said...

Maybe its just knowing you have all the help and support you need as soon as you ask for it with out hesitation that enables you to keep plugging along. You have a safety net if you fall.

corrie said...

And remember, it's the marriage that counts not all the planning and wedding stuff. Make sure you and Tom take some down time and just enjoy time spent together that isn't designated for coffeehouse/wedding.

Love you!

pamero said...

Speaking of Hobbits, I just saw a behind the scenes filming of The Hobbit with Peter Jackson. Looks pretty awesome!!!

pamero said...

Oh, and also, I think you're doing pretty awesome. Things seem pretty good and planned and stuff. But Corrie's right - listen to her. : )

Anonymous said...

Becky: "I wish planning this whole wedding had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened"

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Becky, besides the will of evil. You were meant to find Tom. In which case, you were also meant to marry him. And that is an encouraging thought"