But then there was something different about this house too. It has kind of become my home over the past 4 or 5 years. It's where Tom asked me to be his girlfriend when I was just barely 16. It's where my first kiss was. It's where my boyfriend calls home, and it has become home to me as well. And I will miss it.
I have to keep reminding myself, that it is really the people who made that home so special, and I will fortunately be seeing the people quite often still. And I will always have my memories, which are all I had anyway. So it's not really that bad. They will have a new home, which will be just as comfy and welcoming some day. And I will learn to love it too.
But I will miss it there. There were a lot of good times spent there. I might just have to secretly drive by it every once in a while...
No comments:
Post a Comment