Friday, December 01, 2006
From now 'till Christmas
Everyday Eric comes to pick up Kim and drive her to school, and sometimes another girl drives her car to our house where she parks it in our driveway for the day and also gets a ride with Eric to save on gas money. So today when I was shoveling my driveway I thought wouldn't it be nice to get dropped off at your car after a long day of school and all the snow had been brushed off and the windows and headlights had been scraped off. All you had to do was start it up, wait for a minute or two for it to warm up and then drive away. So after I finished shoveling our driveway, I went into our van and got the scrapper and did it, then this simple act of kindness got me thinking. Why not, from now 'till Christmas do one simple, nice thing for another person each day. It could be as simple as making Kim’s lunch in the morning to making supper for my mom so she can sit down and read a book instead of slaving away. I thought it was a good idea. Why not? It’s Christmas and I’m in a generous mood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wuhoo! Go Becky!
I think it's a mighty fine idea.
And I hope you find that in the end it's more beneficial to you then all the people you randomly help : )
Wow, Becky. That is sooo cool. I think you may have inspired me too!
Great idea Becky! C'mon over to my place and you'll find many opportunities to show your kindness!
bec, if you made lunch for me I'd probably cry out of happiness.
great idea, by the way...
Post a Comment